Tempeh ragout 🧡
This is my creation for our Disney themed 🥰 Tempeh ragout inspired by beef ragout from Beauty and the Beast. It turned out ridiculously good. So hearty, filling and comforting. The ultimate meal for gloomy days 👌
5 small potatoes
2 medium carrots
200g natural tempeh
1 leek (roughly chopped)
1 onion (roughly chopped)
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 raspberry tomato (diced)
1 can tomatoes
1 cup water
herbal pepper (optional)
1. Cut potatoes and carrots into medium sized cubes, sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper, and bake for about 30 minutes (until they soften and start to get golden).
2. Crumble tempeh roughly (I used a potato masher for that 😂), so that you have some bigger chunks of tempeh. Pan fry it on olive oil until golden and a bit crispy in some places.
3. Add more olive oil if needed and throw in chopped onion and leek.
4. Stir everything together and add your spices, tomato paste and mustard.
5. Once the onion softens, add diced raspberry tomato.
6. After it dissolves a bit, add canned tomatoes and water. Stir and let simmer until everything is well combined and the sauce thickens a bit.
7. As a last step, add your baked potatoes and carrots. Stir again and transfer into a bowl. Enjoy 🧡
💫 check out our team 👇
its.oatrageous plantbasedeloise plantbased.rach ameliagrace_goesplantbased dairy_freewithme vegnbits vegan_food_fuel